COVID-19 helpful information
Barnardo’s have put together this excellent information for parents with teenagers over this time. Well worth a read and sharing with any parents struggling, informative for professionals too.
Telephone Support for Parents and Carers
This term, Coventry Educational Psychology Service is offering direct telephone
support to parents and carers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The service is available for families who live in Coventry who feel they may benefit
from the opportunity to speak with a member of the team to support them at this
Areas of support may include:
• how to talk to your child/young person about COVID-19 and worries
that they may have
• helping your child/young person to engage with learning whilst at
• supporting behaviour that can be challenging or difficult to manage
• ways to look after your own and/or your child/young person’s mental
and emotional well-being on a daily basis
When you contact the service, you will be asked to provide the following information:
• your name
• the telephone number you would like to be contacted on
• email address
• times and dates when you are available to speak with a member of the
• your child’s nursery, school or college (where relevant)
• your child’s name if they have had previous involvement from SEND
• a brief description of the area you would like support in
Your details will be passed to an Educational Psychologist/Trainee Educational
Psychologist who will contact you directly to offer a 30-minute appointment.
If you would like to arrange to speak with an Educational Psychologist please contact
024 7678 8400 between 9:00am and 12:00pm, Monday to Friday.